Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Busy Weekend.

This weekend was really a busy one for me.

Friday.
Okay, this is a weekday but it was memorable one. :)

It was the last day of school.
It was a happy yet a sad day.
Happy, because who wouldn't be when there'll be no school for the next two months?
Yet sad, because there's a big possibility we will all be in separate classes next year.
And I must say, 1 Batai was really one of the best classes I've been in.

I went to school early that day.
I waited for Shi Ying to arrive as we were going to give out pizza to the teachers.
After doing so, we went back to class and were already impatient to give out pizza to our classmates.

15 minutes before recess, we were all in 1 Batai, eating pizza and screaming our lungs out marking our awesomeness. ;)
The pizza was good.
And so were the pineapples!
Yumm.. :D
So good that Wai Sam and I fought over the pineapples that were in the box. xD
Some took one slice, some took two or more and some didn't get a slice. :/
To those who did not get the pizza, we are so sorry but it was on a first come first serve basis.

After recess, nothing spectacular happened.
Most of us just played games as usual.
And PJPK was so boring.

During the last period, our final 35 minutes as a Form 1 student, we were noisy like hell.
Everyone was hugging each other, saying goodbyes.
It was really the best school day. :)

1 Batai, you are one awesome class.
How many classes have a lembu and dog in it?
Not many. xD
And not many classes get the title 'Noisiest Class in Form One'.
Next year, I am hoping to be in the same class as most of you.
But if not, at least some of you will do. xD
1 Batai 2010. <3

Upon reaching home, I had to rush to my aunty's house for a wedding eve dinner.
My cousin was getting married the next day. :D
We were there for a long time.
When we went home, it was already 12.
Despite the time, I still went online but on my mum's phone till 12.30? xD
I went to sleep knowing that it would be a long day tomorrow.

Saturday.
I woke up at 7.30 feeling very sleepy. xD
Then we headed for my aunty's house to eat breakfast.
After that, my mum went with my other aunty's to the bride's house.
You know the part where all the guys go to the bride's house to get the bride?
Where they have to get past all the obstacles to get to her room?
In one obstacle, they had to eat wasabi biscuits. xD

While they were there, my dad and I went home to get ready for the next event, which was the tea ceremony.
After getting dressed, we went back to my aunty's house and awaited the return of the couple.

Soon the couple were in the house.
The ceremony started with them serving tea to the people elder than them according to their ranks.
Then the younger ones (including me) had to serve tea to them (and get angpows in the process).
After the ceremony, we went home to rest.

I slept to recover from my lack of sleep.
After an hour of sleeping, I was woken up to go to a salon to do my hair. :D
Yes, I set my hair.
My hair had big natural curls at the bottom. :D
After that, we hurried home to get dressed for the wedding dinner.
Then we left for Shangri-La. ;)

We had to go early because well, we were family and they had the cocktail session.
After an hour of entertaining people with my mum, the doors opened and we went to our table.
The ballroom decorations were really nice.
And the temperature was just perfect. xD

They started the dinner at 8.30.
After the first dish, they had the speeches where the fathers of the couple would talk.
After some laughs, we went back to eating.

There was one waiter who was serving our table.
This guy was really funny.
He would go to you and in his very loud voice, ask you: "YOU WANT SOME MORE DRINKS??"
And he speaks fast so you can imagine it. xD
It is scary when he randomly comes behind you and speaks.
Like when I was talking to my dad, he randomly came in between us and said: "YOU WANT SOME MORE FISH??"
I jumped in shock as I did not see him there. xD
Then I said that I didn't want anymore fish and he replied: "DON'T WANT ANYMORE AH??"
I, who was still in shock said no. xD
When he went to get the next dish, my parents, Koko Alvin and I were laughing away.
I literally cried of laughter.
I won't forget that guy. xD

After the dinner we headed home.
We reached home at 12 something.
I went to sleep at 1.35.

Sunday.
Today I woke up at 11. :D
We got a call from my aunty, asking us to go over to her house to count money. $$$
Turns out that everyone in my house just got up too.
We went to her house and before we started counting duty, all of us had a bowl of maggi mee.
Soon after, we went up to her room and started counting.
Well, my parents did.
My job was to check all the angpows that they have already opened, in case they missed any.
And after I checked them, I had to rip them and throw them into the bin.
But hey, I helped, right? xD

My mum talked about the waiter to my aunty and once again, I cried of laughter.
We finished everything at around 3.

After that, we had lunch and went back home.
Then I fell asleep at 4.
And I woke up at 7.
I didn't think that I could sleep that long but oh well. :D

Well, that concludes my weekend.
So for me, the holidays have just begun.
But before that, I would just like to say congrats again to KOKO AARON and CHECHE JOWYNNE. :D

-MichelleLim-

No comments: